Featured Post

I love you. My Meditations.

A collection of memoirs, musings and lessons as I go through life. A compilation of notes to self, a dossier documenting experiences in this...

Sunday, April 12, 2020

I love you. My Meditations.


A collection of memoirs, musings and lessons as I go through life. A compilation of notes to self, a dossier documenting experiences in this ephemeral life.
Covid-19 Lockdown D26



Photo by Weiye Tan on Unsplash


Meditations are different from my thoughts because I write only of my experiences with the people in my life starting with my family. Thoughts can be fables, fantasy, beliefs and concepts, here I share only my experiences.

Apart from those legally linked to me there are and will be no names mentioned living or otherwise, of the people featured in my stories or posts. *Unless you have achieved avatar status, you will see your name. Watch out!



So, I hereby anoint myself as writer of "fictional narratives of the truth". 

With that I am proceeding to re-launch my blog by renaming it- I Love you. Live.



I started writing again at the start of the Covid-19 lock down, (See my first post here> I'm Back.) after a five-year hiatus. 

A lot has happened in my life in the past five years. I haven't been writing not because I had nothing to write about but I was busy living life. Experiencing it's highs and lows. Living the way I have preached and now it's time to come out to show me to myself. 


This relaunched blog is a gift from me to myself on my birthday. At this point in my life I would like to share with myself, my greatest achievements to date. This blog and tomorrow's post. The fact that I can finally articulate my achievements in words is a pleasure I present myself. 


I have long been in love with words and writing. I worship and adore writers who can use least number of words to convey the most number of images. 
That is exactly what I have set out to do. To write in a manner that utilises the economy of words to tell my story about true events and people in my life. Minus the embellishments, the adjectives and superlatives. Only descriptions of how I think and feel. I can still remember writing my first piece for my school magazine, a poem about the people in my class, it's about love. I was fourteen.



After having dabbled in writing over the years I have often wondered if I have a set pattern of writing? I don't believe so because unlike pure fiction, every piece I write is unique and it is my perspective of the truth. I write primarily to document and inform, if achieved then hopefully it will enthral myself and my readers. The parties involved may not agree or disagree with my version of the truth. But it is my version and therefore true for me. Remember, this blog is meant for me to archive my memoirs/meditations. Thinking aloud and thinking allowed.

This is also my personal/official blog where I write things down so I can reminisce on my life when I'm old and shrivelled up enjoying my life writing, in one of the best and wildest places in the world.



You are welcome to visit, read and browse as much as you want. I aim to write with precision and brevity while entertaining myself with interesting stories and subjects that captivate me. True stories according to me. 
In my quest for brevity and economy, please tell me or leave me a comment if I have been vague or inaccurate in my depictions or facts. I would deeply appreciate that for it would greatly improve my writing if not the truth. 
After all, this blog is also my incubator to start documenting and archiving my family's history starting with my grandfather. Who came to Malaya from China when he was only 15. I would like to honour my grandfather, grandmothers, mothers, father and everyone down the line as far as I can go for now. 
Also I think there are lots of others who came to Malaya much like how my grandfather did and maybe compile some of their stories or encourage them to share or document their own history so that we maintain that link to the past to remind ourselves who we are and where we came from. Remind ourselves and our next generation how much value our families have brought to the building of this great nation. 
I think I would enjoy writing about that, so that I will know and remember the people I've met, the places I've been and the things I've done, and when my friend Alzheimer ever visits, I'll just simply smile and die. I also hope those who care to visit and read my blog would enjoy it as well. 

Come back tomorrow and celebrate the re-launch of my Weblog and my best work thus far. It's about time.

Stay tuned. Literally.


No comments:

Post a Comment